Monday, January 19, 2015

Yankee Pot Roast [Frugal Gourmet]


Pot roast is the penultimate comfort food. A frugal cut of meat cooked with patience until it is just right for a New England supper.


Another cold, rainy, miserable day. And another favorite comfort dish, pot roast. I used to love visits to my grandparents’ house because my grandmother almost always served up a tasty pot roast dinner. This isn’t her recipe, but it has all the flavor and goodness I remember. I have made this dish for years and it never fails to satisfy! I hope you find it as tasty as I do!


Author : Jeff Smith
Source : “The Frugal Gourmet Cooks America”


Ingredients


    Method

    No Steps Found !


    Jeff Smith (The Frugal Gourmet) mentions that his addition of garlic and thyme is not traditionally used in this New England dish. He even adds a little wine, mushrooms and extra garlic to spike up the flavor.


    I’m interested in any advice about what, if anything, needs to be changed here to comply with Paleo/Primal guidelines.




    Yankee Pot Roast [Frugal Gourmet]

No comments:

Post a Comment