Monday, January 12, 2015

“Bayou Blast” Creole Seasoning

Here’s a quick recipe for a spice mix that I use LOTS! It’s a clone of Emeril’s Essence and adds so much great zing to my food…well…BAM! (Sorry…couldn’t resist!)


As I have seen this in so many of Emeril’s recipes, I thought it would be proper to give him credit as the author, even if this is not an exact version of his Essence. Using this seasoning certainly takes the blahs out of eating.


Author   : Emeril Lagasse
SourceEmeril Celebrates 20 years
Ratings  : 5 stars


Ingredients

    Method

    No Steps Found !


    I cut down the amount of salt in the seasoning so I can better control the salt in my preparations.


    *This is a fairly basic seasoning mix. If you want hotter, decrease the paprika and increase the cayenne. Don’t mess with the black pepper amount, however, since that will change the texture and color of the mix.


    2/3 cup equals ~32 teaspoons of seasoning.




    “Bayou Blast” Creole Seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment