Monday, May 11, 2015

Wolf Den Primal Chili

While cruising the web, I ran across a recipe for chili that used Italian sausage (Johnsonville recipes for those who want to see the start of this dish). It sounded so good I could imagine all the flavors melding together. My problem? Processed meat. So I decided to try the recipe by adding the ingredients for a home-made sausage and adjust the rest of the recipe to fall more in line with Primal guidelines.


By using a home-made sausage, I can control the salt, sugars and other questionable ingredients found in store-bought, prepackaged sausage. I didn’t actually make the sausage separately. I took the ingredients and added them to the chili recipe when I cooked it. I also left out the beans, so this is more Primal and typical of a Texas chili.


Ingredients

    Method

    No Steps Found !


    OK…so there’s a little sugar, but it wouldn’t take much to change that.



    Print pagePDF pageEmail page
    Wolf Den Primal Chili

No comments:

Post a Comment