Monday, November 24, 2014

Paleo/Primal Lifestyle Journey

A paleolithic lifestyle (also known as paleo or primal lifestyle) refers to living as humans presumably did in the paleolithic era (Old Stone Age), or attempting to recreate such a lifestyle in the present day. The rationale for such an approach is that humans have evolved for millions of years in a paleolithic environment. Therefore, their body and mind can be expected to be adequately adapted to the concomitant hunter-gatherer lifestyle.


~From Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia


Agriculture, on the other hand, only appeared about 10 000 years ago at the beginning of the neolithic era, and industrial society only about 200 years ago. Proponents of a paleolithic lifestyle assert that insufficient time has passed for humans to adapt to the changes brought by farming and industrialization, leading to a misfit between modern lifestyle and the human genome.


The Hungry Wolf  is a journal of my experiences while implementing the paleo/primal lifestyle guidelines in my own life. I am a Type II diabetic and am actively looking for a lifestyle change that makes sense, is easy to follow and not overly restrictive, and most importantly, helps me control my disease.



GROK - The Paleo/Primal Lifestyle icon

GROK ON!



I love food, and I will pass on recipes I discover as I travel this road. Any interesting notes and information I learn and think can be helpful to others will appear from time to time as well.




Paleo/Primal Lifestyle Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment